Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Micah's Field Trip

Micah's class went to the Baltimore Zoo, and I was fortunate to travel in the 105 degree bus for a hour with him. Bonding time.
Rocking the rope bridge

The giant tree slide

Big tortoise... little tortoise

I seriously love this guy!

Bird habitat

We walked and walked and walked to find the leopard.  He was well hidden in a shady spot.  Look, even he is panting.  

This was our group- two very energetic girls, and my Micah on a heron nest

Now they're in the oriole nest.  

These kids were such troopers... having fun despite the absolutely crazy HOT day.

Even the African animals were trying to cool off.

This snake was NOT in a cage, just slithering along the boardwalk beside us. Wild.
Thanks for spending the day with your mom at the zoo Micah!  It won't be too long before you'll be begging me to stay home instead of begging me to come along, so I'll savor these sweet moments.  :)

No comments:

Simile Metaphor Collection

Elijah after running: My heart is beating like a coconut rolling down a hill.
Elijah on urination: Pee is like horses galloping out of the gate. Once they get started you just can't stop them.
Elijah: If school were a human I'd give it a wedgie.
Elijah: I am like a hot rod and I just want to be a plain old Ford
Elijah on the fruits of the spirit: I've got them all covered except self-control. Its like a tiny green tomato and the rest are all big ripe ones. Especially love. Its like the biggest tomato we saw in the garden tonight.